Monday, August 4, 2008

MIT Energy Breakthrough?

This looks kind of interesting. It isn't a "just-around-the-corner" kind of solution but then again there's nothing else that is either when it comes to alternative fuels.

'Major discovery' from MIT primed to unleash solar revolution
Scientists mimic essence of plants' energy storage system


Anne Trafton, News Office
July 31, 2008

In a revolutionary leap that could transform solar power from a marginal, boutique alternative into a mainstream energy source, MIT researchers have overcome a major barrier to large-scale solar power: storing energy for use when the sun doesn't shine.

1 comment:

Lori1955 said...

Interesting article. The only problem is that they want us to go green but then charge us an arm and a leg to do it. I had someone call me about solar panels once and we figured out the cost and the savings. I would have had to live in my house for 10 years before it would actually start saving me money. Heck, I never lived anywhere for more than 10 years. :)