Saturday, June 7, 2008

Me, a politician, Ha!

The other day at lunch my son mentioned that his friend had filed to run for a state legislator office.

I said that I could not think of a worse job. I believe I would hate it and that I would not be good at it either and I allowed as much.

Two lunch companions both said they thought I'd be great at it. My son agreed with me. (Thanks son!). Later I told Judy and she said that she thought I would do a good job except for my moodiness. She said that would make me appear inconsistent and that would hurt my effectiveness.

It is always interesting to learn how other people really think of you. I have on several occasions noticed that my own self-image is considerably at odds with that of my friends.

I am moody, too. Judy says it has to do with my astrological sign. I am a cancer and my sign is the crab. She always tells me when I've withdrawn. She'll say "you're in your shell again."

You read the descriptions for cancer and they all talk about moodiness and changeability and sensitivity and shells.

What was I writing about?

Oh yeah, being a politician. I hate to argue with people now. It wears me out. I also don't like to be in crowds of people. I have no interest in giving up any of my privacy. Sitting in a big student council deal just sounds awful to me. And I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not nor do I care if I agree with anyone else or not.

I've become a curmudgeon.

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

For what its worth, I think you'd do a pretty good job, too!