Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Reading

Dark of the Moon by John Sandford

According to the Acknowledgment Sandford (whose real name is John Roswell Camp) wrote this book with his friend, Larry Millett.

It takes off on a character from the Lucas Davenport "Prey" stories. The character is a another cop whose name is Virgil Flowers. He is often referred to as "that f***n Flowers" and that fact becomes a kind of inside joke.

I enjoyed the story. I liked the characters.

I suppose I like characters the most in fiction. Maybe that's true in non-fiction as well, come to think on it. There has to be some kind of quirky and interesting and likable character for me or I don't keep reading.

But I need an interesting story and the plot needs to move along, too. Otherwise I get antsy and start skipping pages.

But this was a good story. I'd read more.


No comments: