Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Silver Anniversary

Not my Silver Anniversary.

That band across the left top of the washer says "Silver Anniversary."

This is a 1976 model washer but I have no real idea what the silver anniversary is celebrating. Maytag began in 1907. Alas, Maytag is owned by Whirlpool.

Anyway it died the other day. We had the repair guy out - not the Maytag guy either. A local guy.

He said he could get a new motor but there was no way to get a timer and we needed that as well. So I guess 32 years is pretty good for a washing machine.

The matching dryer is still going though.

Did you know you could watch videos on YouTube about Maytag washers?

Amazing.

2 comments:

nancy said...

amazing what you can find on youtube~

Lori1955 said...

I can't believe the dryer is still working. 32 years is more than long enough. I doubt you will find one today that will last that long.