Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice Storm - Dec 9-12 2007

I'm just posting a quick message to let everyone know we are alright.

The following image was taken early Monday morning.
That's about 1/2" of ice on the fence.
It was about twice that when the storm finally ended.


I am trying to feed the horses in this one.
The tree limbs normally are not there.
The ice eventually broke a large limb that I've yet to clear.
It was not exactly the best of conditions.


Things are much improved today. The
corral is a muddy mess.
That's Jett who is talking to me.
I think that's his mama to the left.



We left the house on Monday to feed and check of Judy's mother. The electricity went off while we were out and we couldn't get back in. So that's where my laptop and my cellphone stayed during the storm - without me.

We spent the last two nights at dad's house where we had heat thanks to the generator I installed in 2002. But we had no running water. Early this morning we got power back at dad's house. Late this afternoon the power was restored at Judy's and her mom's. Got Internet a little while ago. We're pretty fortunate as there are still a lot of people without power and heat and water and everything else. We have a lot of damage everywhere.

Will post some more when I can.

Thanks to all of my blog friends. I'm trying to catch up.

9 comments:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Whew! Glad you are ok! I was getting pretty worried. Take care:)

rilera said...

I'm glad to hear that you and Judy weathered the ice storm. It looked really bad on the news. Those are beautiful horses!

SKYGIRL said...

I was just ready to E-Mail You, but figured you couldn't get on-line.

My Uncle n Nichols Hills is shuffling around relatives. My Cousin who is in O.C. to bury her Mother, and close down her Estate, is staying with him! She lost electricity at her Mom's house, and so did my other Cousin, so they are staying eith her In-Laws.

He (My Uncle, 82!) says he wears his cleets on his golf shoes, when walking outside? Pretty clever.

How is the new, or near new House?

Your two Videos await you on my "Blog" of the new Commerical Development here. Take care, stay warm!

~Betsy said...

I'm glad you checked in, Terry. I was worrying. Be careful in that ice. I really like Jett - he seems so friendly!

nancy said...

i too am glad you and judy are safe are were able to post. i have been thinking about you and praying for your safety.

Lori1955 said...

Glad to hear you are safe. I figured you didn't have power. I know your area was hit pretty hard. Good thing you had that generator. Better take it to the new place.

Annie said...

Glad to hear from you!

Joanne said...

So glad to hear you're okay. Be careful in all that ice.

Katmir said...

it's good to see our prayers were answered and everyone there is safe.