Sunday, December 23, 2007

Serendipity

noun - Good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries. Fluke, good fortune, good luck.

That's what I thought this morning. At first it was because I walked outside to start the car to let it warm up since it was 16 degrees and there was zero wind. Anytime in Oklahoma when there is zero wind it is really good fortune.

But then I noticed the Moon. I decided it should be capitalized. It was huge and so wonderfully yellow and bright hanging low to the horizon over to my far right. I'm certain the visibility was enhanced by the cold and the stillness of the air and the purity of the atmosphere that must have occurred as a result of yesterday's little mini-blizzard. But the old Moon was just so amazingly beautiful that I just had to stand and stare at it for a few seconds.

Next was the condition of the roads. I expected them to be so much worse than they were and so I was just so tickled to find them imminently passable. There were some icy spots but all in all it was a good drive over to the farm. Good luck indeed!

I missed my workout yesterday and I was not all that enthusiastic about it this morning. But after about 25 minutes on the treadmill I started feeling the benefit of the endorphins. That's when you don't really want to ever quit exercising. (I'm so far behind on blogging my exercise sessions I've discontinued.) Moved over to the elliptical and also got in some resistance. A very good workout this morning.

When I left I decided to swing by Starbucks and check the driveways. While I was there I bought a Venti Brewed Coffee and one of the magnificent Cranberry Bliss Bars. Bliss is the right word for these things. They only have them at Christmas, too. I had one tiny bite when I got home and savored the deliciousness for a little longer than someone should ever enjoy food. The brewed coffee was the Christmas Blend of course. I really like Starbucks. And I used my automatic reloading Starbucks card so it really didn't feel like I spent anything. And, yes, I know I am wallowing in self-deception.

And now, wonder of wonders, the Sun is out and shining and this is setting up as just one gorgeous day.

I've prayed for all my blog friends this morning, too.

So blessings to all.

10 comments:

SKYGIRL said...

Hey Congrats! I guess this MUST be why they say you will have good days, and bad days, sometimes back to back!

What is a self-loading Starbucks Card, I think I need one! I did just hear from my Hair-Dresser, that we are finally getting a REAL Starbucks, in front of "Home Depot" not across the street, but I sure don't know why?

Boy, and those work-outs seem to make a big difference in mood too! I may have to try it again some day! LOL!

I am worried about my Sis, and her Dogs now. I didn't realize it got that cold in Oklahoma, but did see you had allot of snow today, already?

Enjoy your Day!

~Betsy said...

It sounds like your Sunday is a good one. I'm glad, Terry. You deserve some good ones.

Thanks for the prayers. :)

Unknown said...

A self-loading Starbucks is a gift card that you set up on the Internet to "reload" when the balance goes below a certain amount. Rather dangerous things!

Perhaps the most serendipitous of all was that when I received my Starbucks cup the lid and the label and the label on the sleeve were all perfectly aligned. No fool'n. Sometimes I have to really work hard to get those things aligned.

My Starbucks is in front of Home Depot, too.

Joanne said...

I've always thought it is so awesome to see the Moon in the morning and then glance a little later and see the sun. That makes for such serene skies. I'm glad you enjoyed a gorgeous day, Terry. Sending prayers your way too.

SKYGIRL said...

Hmmmm, I wonder if they are in cahoots! I used to think that they were with "Noah's Bagels" Every time a Starbucks went in, so did a "Noah's Bagels!"

Oh talk about serendipity. I was visiting my Sister many, many Years ago, in O.C, and there was going to be a little-known, but local Country Western Band, playing live right down the street from her, at a Bar called "Cahoots!"

She didn't want to go, so I didn't go either! I am still kicking myself, because it was "The Dixie Chicks!" I think it was 'free' too!

I buy myself gift-certificates all the time, like a punch card, for Movies too! I thought maybe they re-filled yours for free, because you are now the Big Cheese!I am surely putting someone through college, with my caffiene addiction!

You should at least get a discount!Don't you think? LOL!

Unknown said...

For the most part "they" don't know have a clue who I am from anyone else. And no free samples either. But you'd be surprised how many people think I should be getting free stuff!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Don't laugh, I've never been to Starbucks. I live in a small town and the closest one is about an hour away. Maybe after the holidays I will experience one of their coffees. Any recoomendations?

Sounds like a beautiful day today for you. Praise be!

Lori1955 said...

Oh gosh, that was a beautiful moon last night. I actually went out and howled at it. OK, so I'm a bit nuts.

StefanieRose said...

I looked at that moon as well Terry. I am so glad I am not the only one who noticed it. I looked up at it and thought of all the ones we have lost. They are probably having the greatest party up there right now. Happy Christmas my friend. I am thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Chris I only buy Starbucks' brewed coffee. As much as I like it I wouldn't drive an hour for it. I limit myself to 3 Grande size (16 oz) cups per week and that every other day. But I know a lot of people who are into the different drinks and even ask for custom stuff.

I like Starbucks because the people act like they enjoy working there and if you become a regular they do learn you either by beverage or name or both. I guess it is that "everyone knows my name" kind of thing.