Friday, October 17, 2008

My New IPhone

I've posted before about my cell phones.

My last one was a Treo 650 of which I have owned 2 units. It has been a good tool. It is more than a cell phone of course as I used it for my e-mail, text messaging, calendar, contact manager, password keeper, mobile web browser and a few other things besides.

Sometime last week though it developed a problem of rebooting itself repeatedly. If I used it less often then the rebooting happened less often. Really a solution involving not using something is not a very good solution.

I was hoping to wait until T-Mobile's Android was available and I nearly made it. But I could not get it for a month or more from my date. That just did not work for me.

So I bought an iPhone.

It is only offered through AT&T.

I was with T-Mobile.

The iPhone 3G is great and so is AT&T.

There are a couple of drawbacks. One is price which is about $400. Another is that you have to go for 2 years with AT&T. And yet another is tha this thing definitely does drain the battery. That may be the worst problem actually.

Another thing I thought would be a problem is the virtual keyboard. But I kind of like it now.

AT&T is also great.

5 comments:

nancy said...

i must admit my phone is pretty basic, it makes calls, can text and take pictures. no internet though.

bob however recently got a blackberry through work and i have figured out and enjoyed how to read my e-mails off his phone.

maybe it's time i move forward and catch up with all the new technology.

let us know how you like it once you've had it awhile.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Oh what a fun little gadget! I have a Motorola w385 which is just a smaller version of a Razor. It's okay and does what I need it to do but to have a fun little phone like yours would be very entertaining. Have fun with it!

Joanne said...

I kept the same cell phone for five years just so I didn't have to learn the features on a new phone. I've had my new cell for two years and I still don't know all the features. Your Iphone sounds pretty nifty, though, Terry.

Lori1955 said...

Hey when are they going to make a phone that will clean my house and fix me dinner? My little phone doesn't even take pictures and I never text either.

dave said...

You know that the rest of us gadget hounds are jealous!
I have been with AT&T for a long time, and generally have been happy.
But that iPhone is something else again.

dave