Thursday, January 10, 2008

Astrology

I've never believed too much in astrology. It never made a lot of sense to me that your personality should have that much to do with the position of the planets and the stars. I don't know why it would or wouldn't really but just seemed a little far fetched.

Then again, when I think about it, the whole idea of planets and stars is a little strange. I'm glad they are there mind you but if I had been making stuff I don't know that I'd have put them out there like that. It's kind of like whether you texture and paint the ceiling or paper it and if you do paint it then what color.

Can you tell we're remodeling?

But I happened across my own sign description the other day, online of course, and a lot of it is spot on about me. So maybe there's something to it. Either way it is fascinating to read these descriptions. It definitely reminds me of the personality type systems we learned about in our premarital counseling. We humans like to organize and categorize things.

My sign is cancer which is not a very nice name given the medical connotations. And apparently cancers can expect to have trouble with breast cancer according to what I read. But cancer the condition doesn't have to do with cancer the sign. The symbol looks kind of like a sideways 69 to me except it is reversed kind of. I think it is supposed to represent a Crab because that's the animal that is associated with my sign.

My planet is the moon. Except the moon isn't a planet but they call it one anyway. And I've always liked the moon.

My color is silver or really any Moon colors. And that's funny because the other day Judy and I were talking about what our favorite colors were. She asked me mine and I thought a minute and I said "white is my favorite color" and she said "White isn't a color." But I said "Well, I have more white shirts so I think it must be white" but I see what you mean about it not being a color. And in physics of course white is all the colors combined. But I don't think that really mattered because if someone asks you what color shirt you have on then you say "white" if it is a white shirt. But I was surprised to see that my astrological color is silver because that's pretty close to white.

My star stone which is different from my birth stone is Pearl. My birth stone is Ruby. I don't have any of either so I guess I should try and find something to wear.

Here's what I read about Cancer's personality:

The Cancerian has many potential faults. They can be untidy, sulky, devious, moody, inclined to self-pity because of an inferiority complex, brood on insults (very often imagined), yet are easily flattered. They can be tactless and difficult yet, because they are normally ambitious, they will curry favor by floating with majority opinions, outlooks and fashions of the day. As a result they often change their opinions and loyalties and, indeed, their occupations, and lack stability. They are easily corrupted.
Good Lord!! That's me to a T, sometimes at least. Here's another example:
Physically they are average to below average in height, with a fleshy body and short legs in comparison with the rest of them. Their hair is usually brown, their faces round, their complexions pale, their foreheads prominent, their eyes small and blue or gray in color, their noses short, perhaps upturned, and their mouths full. They sometimes walk clumsily.
Again, that's me!! Some of the other stuff was spot on, too. Some wasn't so true either.

Anyway I found it interesting.

I was looking at this site: Astrology Online

My sign wasn't very compatible with Judy's sign although we seem to be getting along well.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

interesting post. i went on your link and would agree with a lot of the characteristics for myself but did not agree with bob's. it would be interesting to have him read it and see if he thought it applied more than i did.

i remember as a youth i was interested in astrology but it didn't last very long. haven't given it much thought as an adult.

~Betsy said...

Years ago I was interested in Astrology. I'm not sure if there is a lot of truth to it, but I find it entertaining.

Lori1955 said...

I checked out the link. I can't say that I relate to much of anything it said about me (aries) but it was fun reading it.

Anonymous said...

This is mine for today and guess what? My son is being a complete pain in the *neck* this morning not wanting to complete his school work and obsessing on his birthday plans (not until February, but this morning I'm hearing a thousand plans of his)! So, yes, today's "forcast" is right on so far! Looks like I need to plan an escape this afternoon. I wonder if heading to the Social Security Office with Mom's death certificate counts as an adventure! I remember YOUR experience in that office and hope that mine goes quickly without problem! Thanks for this today, Terry, I appreciate your posts greatly, there is always something here that makes me stop and think!

GEMINI
(May 22-June 21)
You may have a rather hectic day due to events that children are involved in. Finish up any correspondence by early afternoon. Don't waste this exciting day by sitting at home.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Hmmmm.......I am a Scorpio....lots of interesting reading there on that.

Joanne said...

Interesting post, Terry. I used to check horoscopes from time to time. I always found them interesting.

LOL, Chris, I'm a Scorpio, too. I have to admit, there was a lot that fit me spot on, and much that didn't. I guess they're right half of the time. ;)