Sunday, February 3, 2008

Vive la différence

Friday we went "shopping" for furniture, counter top and bathtub, wallpaper, and so on.

I noticed that I am not really interested in looking at things unless I am going to buy one of them. So just wandering through a furniture store without knowing what I am going to buy is absolutely awful for me.

On the other hand my most excellent spouse wanders in order to become interested.

She's trying to find a color scheme. I said that I had a color scheme which would be taupe walls and ceilings with taupe carpet and some kind of darker stone type tile. She didn't think that was very good.

I read an article once about cultural differences. The first part was a story about an African woman being told that in western countries the female breast was of great interest to men. The woman is supposed to have said something on the order "you mean western men are like infants?"

7 comments:

Lori1955 said...

OK that last part about the breasts is just too funny and so true. LOL

nancy said...

you got me laughing as well terry! no comment as to whether or not i agree with the african woman or not!!!!! LOL

rilera said...

I've never been big on wandering through stores but I love to 'wander' through stores on the internet.

SKYGIRL said...

I LOVE this! "On the other hand my most excellent spouse"

I think perhaps You & Judy, were a match made in Heaven! She has a GREAT Husband, and You have an Excellent Spouse. So cool! ;-)

P.S. I am glad, you must be feeling better too! In fact I thought it was what your "Title" was referring to! HA!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I am sure it was as intimidating as Rick going in search for underpants for his mother.

I'm with you, taupe goes with everything as well as antique white. I am afraid of "color" and I admire those who can pull off the extreme.

~Betsy said...

I love shopping for furniture but I can never choose. Sigh.

Good luck with this!

As for the African woman and her quote - LOL!

Joanne said...

ROFL!!