Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Black Road

I dreamed last night that I was driving a car. There were passengers but I don't remember who except for Judy.

There was this place where the road suddenly turned into this new kind of pavement. It looked like big black tiles that were kind of polished but not shiny smooth. They were rounded a little in the middle so that each had a crown. And they were tight together. It seemed liked it would be a little bumpy but it wasn't.

The new road changed course. I thought we should be going straight but the road veered off to my left and I had no choice but to follow it.

Then it was raining and I wanted to slow down but when I applied the brake the road was so strangely smooth that my brake didn't slow down the car at all.

4 comments:

~Betsy said...

Yikes - sounds like a horrible dream. I'm a bit of a control freak, so the part about wanting to go straight and not able to slow the vehicle down would frighten me!

I'm glad to see you back, Terry. I was starting to worry.

Lori1955 said...

I don't know, I think it sounds like a dream about surrender. Things happen in life that we have no control over and sometimes we just have to turn the wheel over to someone else. Guess that can be a bit scary too.

nancy said...

guess it kinda tells me that you never know where life is going to take you, that we are all just along for the ride.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

That song "Jesus take the wheel" came into mind as I was reading. I usually awaken from a dream like that with my leg jerking and my hubby yacking at me to settle down and go back to sleep!

Good to see you back here Flinty. I was getting worried too. And I hope you don't mind but I stole your Dates list and posted it on my blog too. I loved the idea and good ideas bear repeating:)